Coverage and Eligibility
Coverage in case of injury or sickness requiring an emergency hospital stay or emergency medical treatment while traveling outside your home province or territory, abroad or within Canada.
To purchase this insurance, you must be a Canadian resident and insured and/or eligible for benefits under the government health care plan of your province or territory of residence.
Coverage must be purchased prior to departure from your province of residence.
Deductible options available.
Family plan available.
Two Reputable Companies to Choose From
Annual Travel Plan
Travel often, sometimes on short notice? Looking for convenience? The Annual Travel Plan was designed to provide coverage for frequent travelers making short term trips outside of Manitoba.
Manitoba Blue Cross Annual Plan
Trips of 32 Days or less
- Under Age 55 $110 Family or Single
- Age 55 – 74 $260 Family or Single
Travel Underwriters Annual Plan
- Multi Trip Length Options From 5 to 182 days
for as low as $37/yr Worldwide
- $25/yr Canada Only
- Available through Manitoba Blue Cross and Travel Underwriters
- 1 – 4 days of travel health insurance for as low as $16.
Travel Excluding the U.S.A.:
- Two Weeks available for as low as $15 with Travel Underwriters.
Travel within Canada Only:
- 32 days available for as low as $24 with Travel Underwriters.
Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Hospital in-patient and out-patient charges.
- Medical and surgical charges.
- Ambulance service.
- Emergency dental expense.
- Prescription drug reimbursement.
- Return of vehicle.
- Family transportation expense.
- Emergency air transportation.
- Escorting home of insured children